If you want to make small or large changes to the theme's look and/or functionality, you can do so from the Appearance > Theme Options panel.
Importing a Theme Style
First and foremost, this theme comes with a theme style you can choose to install to set up your site with a look & feel that matches the demo theme. This includes colors and other theme settings.
- Go to Appearance > Theme Options.
- You will see an Import button in the upper left of this page.
- Choose an import file from the file selection field and then click the Import button to run the import.
- That's it!
You may notice that there is also an Export button up there. You can use this to export your own Theme Options settings for later use or to share with another installation somewhere else.
Theme Options Customizations
Whether you imported a style or are starting from scratch, you can customize the theme to act the way you want it to act in a number of ways. Let's go through each tab and see what's possible:
- Favicon Replacement — Upload your own 16x16 PNG or ICO file to replace the favicon.
- Google Font — Choose the custom font that you want the entire site to use.
- Layout Style — Choose between Boxed and Full-Width.
- WooCommerce Products/Page — How many WooCommerce products to display per page.
- Disable Post Meta — Hides the post meta in the views that display it.
- Disable Post Comments — Choose 'Yes' to disable all commenting on posts.
- Disable Page Comments — Choose 'Yes' to disable all commenting on pages.
- Blog Style — You can choose between a Post Panels style or a more standard Post List style.
- Header/Slider Style — When a slider is displayed on a page (like the homepage), you can choose how you want that to display from this dropdown. Either the slider goes behind the header/nav or the slider goes under the header completely. If no slider is shown on a page, the page simply starts under the header.
- Logo Image — You can upload your own logo here.
- Retina Logo Image — To support retina displays, you'll want to upload the same image here but an image that is exactly twice the size in width and height.
- Header Height — Set the height of your header here. The logo and content on the right will automatically center vertically.
- Top Bar Options — Here you can choose the content of the left/right of the top bar, or just hide the top bar completely.
Styling & Colors
This is where you can change all of the color settings throughout the theme. Just go through and pick and choose via the color pickers. You can also disable the responsiveness from this tab.
For each of the social link fields, you can add your social page URL. Please remember it requires the full URL, including the "http" or "https" at the beginning.
- Left/Right Content — If you chose "Text" for either of the content dropdowns, you need to enter some text here (or nothing if you want that space blank). You can use [year] to display the current year, which is great for copyright notices that will always be up to date, etc. If you choose socials, it will display the social icons for each of the links you've entered in the fields on the Socials tab.
All of the Twitter functionality in this theme (homepage block, widget, etc.) requires a Twitter application API for communication with 3rd party sites. Here are the steps for creating and setting up a Twitter application:
- Go to https://dev.twitter.com/apps/new and log in, if necessary.
- Supply the necessary required fields, accept the TOS, and solve the CAPTCHA. Callback URL field may be left empty.
- Submit the form.
- On the next screen scroll down to "Your access token" section and click the "Create my access token" button.
- Copy the following fields: Access Token, Access Token Secret, Consumer Key, Consumer Secret to the fields on this Theme Options tab.
The Facebook widget in this theme requires a Facebook application for communication with 3rd party sites. Here are the steps for creating and setting up a Facebook application:
- Click here to create a new Facebook app.
- Click the green + Add a New App button at the top right.
- In the popup window, choose Website.
- Enter a Display Name and then click Create a New Facebook App ID.
- Choose a category and fill in the required captcha (if shown) and click Submit.
- On the next page, click the Settings tab on the left.
- Click the + Add Platform button under the fields.
- Choose Website and enter the URL of the website where PetPress is installed. Click Save Changes.
- Enter the same URL in the App Domains field above. Click Save Changes again.
- Now you can copy and paste the App ID and App Secret from the top into the field on this page.
- Custom CSS — If you have knowledge in CSS and want to adjust it without messing with the theme directly or spending the time to create a child theme, you can simply enter some custom css code in this field. If the code doesn't work, try adding some !important tags to the entries that aren't working.
- Google Analytics Code — Enter your Google Analytics code snippet here if needed.
- 404 Page Content — To add some content to the 404 page, just fill it out here.