Homepage Customization / Widgets
Creating / Editing the Homepage
The homepage is different than other pages because it supports a unique set of widgets built just for it. Follow this guide to create your homepage:
- Create a page, call it "Homepage" or whatever sounds good.
- Go to Settings > Reading and then choose "A static page" radio option.
- Then in the dropdowns below, select your homepage and blog posts page (If you have one created. If not, create a page called Blog and choose it here).
Now you have a homepage. You can add content to this page just like any other page, but using the Homepage Widgets, you can add some homepage-only content:
- Go to Appearance > Customize and make sure you're viewing your homepage.
- In the tabs on the left, click the Widgets tab.
- Click Homepage Content.
- Click the Add a Widget button.
- From the list, choose one of the "Homepage" labeled widgets. They include:
- Homepage - Blog Posts
- Homepage - Content Columns
- Homepage - Parallax
- Homepage - Recipes
Each widget has it's own unique properties to adjust, have fun! If you're looking for the Recipe Slider, that is something found in the page settings (you can add a recipe slider to any page). You can learn more about that from here: https://boxystudio.ticksy.com/article/13970/