Translation & Text Changes
Our products come with a language file that needs to be translated in order for it to display a different language. The easiest way to translate it is to install a great plugin like Loco Translate and do it via the WordPress admin panel: http://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/
- Once you have Loco Translate installed, head over to the main Loco Translate screen by going to Loco Translate > [Plugins] or [Themes] (depending on what you're translating).
- Find the theme/plugin in the list and click it, then click the [+ New Language] link above the list.
- If you see a "Template Missing" message, simply click "Skip Template".
- Choose the language for this translation from the dropdown.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure you choose the third radio button (System) in the next section. (languages/plugins or languages/themes) before clicking Start Translating. If you do not, then your translation file will be gone if/when you update the theme or plugin.
- Now, on the next page, you can simply go through and add/edit your translations by clicking on each string and adding the translation in the bottom box.
- When you're done, simply click "Save".
- Be sure that WordPress is set to use the same language you've translated from Settings > General (look for the language dropdown at the bottom).
Sometimes you just need to change some of the text, from English to English. In this case, you would create a second "English" translation file following the same directions above.
The POEdit Method
You can use software like POEdit ( http://www.poedit.net/download.php) to translate the *.po file that's included with the theme or plugin. Just remember to put your translated files into the appropriate folder listed above and remember to update your translations when there's an update.
More information on translation can be found here as well: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language