Before running the demo import, please be sure of the following:
- The Basil theme is installed and active.
- The Cooked and Cooked Pro plugins are installed and active.
- Enable the taxonomies you want to use from the Recipes > Settings panel. These include Categories, Cuisines, etc.
- Install and activate WooCommerce if you plan on including a store with your site.
Now, download the import file here: https://boxy.d.pr/sHbKAy
- From your admin page, go to Tools > Import and choose WordPress. Install the plugin if you haven't already.
- Click "Run Importer".
- Choose the "basil-wordpress.xml" file (from the link above).
- Click "Upload file and import".
- Choose a user to assign posts to. Probably yourself.
- Check the "Download and import file attachments" checkbox.
- Click "Submit".
Now give it time. This will take a while. Get up and make some coffee. If you come back and see errors, here's what you might find.
- Errors pertaining to failed imports for recipes or products might mean that you do not have WooCommerce or Cooked installed and active. I warned you!
- If you decided you DON'T need a store or even the recipes, you can ignore these warnings.
Some issues that can happen:
- The import just doesn't work. You can try the import again but DO NOT check the "Download and import file attachments" checkbox this time. None of the media will be imported, but the content should come in.
- The import worked, but no images came through. This is just an unfortunate result of the default WordPress Import tool being pretty bad. There's really nothing that can be done other than a full database migration from my demo site. I can do this for you but need to charge for my time. The cost for a DB migration (on fresh sites only) is $25. Shoot me a ticket if you would like this service.